Placing a booking for an event with Beauty Swop or Sale will indicate that you have read, understand and accept all terms & conditions of exhibiting as set out below.
Our events have a well established reputation for unique and quality exhibitors and we request that applications to exhibit fulfil the following criteria:
- Only Beauty related products may be sold.
- Our events are proud to have a counterfeit free policy meaning that exhibitors may not sell any items that are not original no matter how small. Vendors who import beauty brands may be asked to produce proof at the time of booking and on the day so please ensure that you have this handy. Any vendor found to be in contravention of this rule will not only be asked to leave but will be removed from the community.
NB: Spaces to be filled at our discretion with exhibitors who don't fit the criteria but who we feel fit well with our image and ethos. We have the right to reject any applications which don’t meet our criteria.
If an exhibitor cancels at any time, for any reason, the exhibitor will be responsible for the entire exhibitor fee. However, Should the exhibitor secure a replacement company for their package, Beauty Swop or Sale will issue 70% refund to the original form of payment after the replacement company has registered and paid in full.
Please contact us to make these arrangements, Beauty Swop or sale is not obligated in any way to provide assistance with securing replacements for exhibitors.
BOOKING A STAND
Exhibitors should book enough space to suit their needs. Our single size stand is 2m x 2m and will accommodate one trestle table which will be provided. We will also supply 1 chair for every 2m x 2m stall. The exhibitor may opt to take the space without the table to accommodate their own display table. If the exhibitor wishes to bring in addition furniture, then a double space must be booked. Pull up advertising banner stands must be placed behind the table unless extra space has been booked to accommodate these.
If you are a beauty service provider. A list of equipment needs to be provided to the event organizer when booking.
LOCATION OF STANDS
The location of the exhibitor's stand within the venue & event is at the discretion of the organiser. 'Special needs' will be accommodated only where reasonably and practicably possible (for instance the exhibitor needs to be against a wall because they have a tall display stand which needs to lean against the wall).
On receipt of a booking form we will check the details against our criteria and if the booking is accepted we will issue an invoice to allow the exhibitor to confirm the booking. Payment should be made within 4 days to secure the space. If payment hasn't been received by the 4th day then a invoice reminder will be issued. If payment hasn't been received by the 5th day then the space will become available again for others to book.
If we cancel the invoice and the exhibitor requests for it to be re-issued then payment will be due immediately and the 4 day period won't be reapplied.
The Exhibitor should retain both the as a record of their bookings.
- Unethical or Non-Compliant Marketing. BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE reserves the right to deny admission to anyone who, in BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE’s sole discretion, engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant marketing practices.
- Exhibitor Marketing Materials. Unless prior arrangements are agreed in writing, any marketing materials (including, without limitation, bag inserts, signage, or other promotional items) left at an BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE Event by Exhibitor/Sponsor following the end of such Event shall become the property of BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE, with or without notification to Exhibitor/Sponsor; for clarity, BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE will have sole discretion regarding use or disposition of any marketing materials left by Exhibitor/Sponsor following the end of an BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE Event.
- Booth Furnishings and Display Guidelines. Each enclosed booth space will be set with: One table, One chairs for every 2 x 2m stand, Exhibitor ID (All signage, display materials, and furnishings must be contained within your meeting or booth space)
- Display Area Height: All booth displays and associated marketing collateral must not exceed a height of 8′ unless request sent in writing and approved by BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE for special circumstance and request does not obstruct or infringe on neighboring exhibitor.
- Exhibition Area Code and Sound Levels: Materials must not be hung from any walls, drapery, scaffolding, or aerial fixtures whatsoever and must not block aisles, fire exits, or extinguishers. All exhibition materials and electrical wiring must comply with fire code. Exposed areas of booth displays must be finished and present an attractive appearance when viewed from aisles or adjoining booths. Any portion of the booth display that shares a common border with another exhibitor must not contain marketing collateral of any kind that would detract from the adjoining exhibitor. Exhibition space sound level must not exceed customary decibels so as not to disturb other exhibitors. Placement of signage or distribution of advertisements and/or promotional material of any kind may be made only within the booth assigned to the exhibitor presenting such material. A firm or organization not assigned exhibit space will not be permitted to solicit business within the exhibit area or in any other conference areas. Failure to abide by these conditions, as determined in BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE’s sole discretion, may result in the closing of an exhibit or the restriction or eviction of persons involved, without compensation to the Exhibitor/Sponsor, and the Exhibitor/Sponsor may forfeit the right to attend future BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE Events.
- Aisle Traffic Flow: The distribution of marketing collateral is restricted to your exhibition space. Obstruction of aisles so as to prevent and or impede traffic flow is prohibited. Any activity that results in a traffic flow impediment or creates a hazardous condition will not be tolerated. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in removal from the Facility.
- Outside Food and Beverage Policy: The hotel/venue requires that ALL food and beverage distributed by attendees, Exhibitors or Sponsors be purchased from the hotel/venue. There are no exceptions for Exhibitors to provide food to hand out to attendees at this. BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE will not be liable for any damages to anyone who violates any hotel policy. All food and beverage, including service equipment, must be contained within your contracted exhibit space.
- Installation Deadline: Your exhibition space must be occupied by the end of the designated Exhibitor Setup time as indicated in your BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE Expo Event Exhibitor Guideline Information Page. If you do not advise BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management of any delays, the exhibition space will be regarded as abandoned and may be reassigned at BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE’s sole discretion.
- Insurance. The Exhibitor/Sponsor understands and agrees that neither BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE nor the entity physically hosting the Event (the “Facility”) maintains insurance covering the Exhibitor’s/Sponsor’s liability or property. The Exhibitor/Sponsor is required to carry worker’s compensation, commercial general liability (including products and completed operations, independent contractors, personal injury and blanket contractual liability insurance.
- Eviction. Failure of Exhibitor/Sponsor to follow these requirements may result in eviction of Exhibitor/Sponsor without refund, at BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE’s sole discretion. Additionally, BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE may prohibit the attendee and Exhibitor/Sponsor from attending future BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE events. If an Exhibitor/Sponsor is evicted from the Event due to violating this Section 3, Exhibitor/Sponsor must immediately dismantle all exhibit materials and leave the Event area.
- Exhibit Hours. Show management shall determine and publicize the exhibit hours during which the building will be open to the industry during the Event. All exhibit spaces MUST be setup within 15 minutes prior to event start time. Exhibits cannot be dismantled until the event is over 3:00 PM. and Beauty Swop or Sale reserves the right to restrict exhibitor’s participation in future shows if this policy is violated.
- Merchandise Removal. No merchandise may be removed from the Facility until 3:00 PM when the Expo Event ends without a Removal Order signed by the Show Management. No exhibits or parts of an exhibit may be removed until after the closing time of the Event. At this time, all exhibitors should remove all valuable items from their displays.
RULES FOR EXHIBITS
- DELIVERY – Earliest date exhibit material can be allowed at the Facility is Monday April 23, 2018 between 4 PM and 7 PM or Tuesday April 24, 2018 between 9 AM and 1 PM Only FOR Exhibitor Set up Hours. All Exhibitor Merchandise must be hand carried into the Event Exhibitor Space for set up.
- DISPLAYS – No signs, partitions, apparatus, shelving, etc., may extend more than 8 feet above the floor along the rear of an exhibit (unless preapproved by Show Management). Exhibitor will not be permitted to erect signs or display products obstructing the view or disadvantageously affecting the display of other exhibitors.
- LIABILITY – The Exhibitor is entirely responsible for the leased space and shall not injure, mar or deface the premises. The Exhibitor shall not drive, nor permit to be driven, any pins, nails, hooks, tacks, or screws in any part of the Facility. Furthermore, Exhibitor shall not affix to the walls or windows of the Facility any advertisements, signs, etc., or use tape or any other adhesive-type material on painted surfaces. The Exhibitor agrees to reimburse BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management and/or the Facility for any loss or damage occurring to the premises or equipment.
- AISLES – The aisles, passageways and overhead spaces remain under the control of BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management, and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising matter or exhibits will be permitted in those areas except by written permission of the BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management. All Exhibitors and personnel must remain within the confines of their own spaces.
- SPACE – The space contracted for is to be used solely by the Exhibitor whose name appears on the Contract, and no portion can be sublet or assigned without receiving written permission from BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management. The Exhibitor shall forfeit right to the space and all prepaid rentals and, upon demand, pay any rent balance owing to BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management for failure to occupy or use the space or for failure to have the exhibit completed and in place by the opening of the Event. BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management reserves the right to relocate the exhibitor.
- RESTRICTIONS – BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management reserves the right to restrict or remove exhibits, without refund, that have been falsely entered, or are deemed by show management as unsuitable or objectionable. This restriction applies to, but is not limited to, noise, P.A. systems, persons, animals, birds, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character that might be objectionable to the Event or BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management.
- HOUSEKEEPING - Exhibitors should remove all rubbish from their stand / area at the end of the event.
Limitation of Liability;
- Disclaimer of Damage - BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE and the Facility assume no liability for any loss, damage, or injury to any property of the Exhibitor or to any of its officers, agents, employees, or contractors, whether attributable to accident, fire, water, theft, or any other cause whatsoever.
- BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. Neither BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE nor its affiliates accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Except as required by law, neither BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages, or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event, or any other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- The maximum aggregate liability of BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE under this Agreement to be an Exhibitor/Sponsor for the Event.
- Exhibitors are responsible for checking the positioning of fire exits and for familiarising themselves with the fire procedures of the venue.
- Exhibitor/Sponsor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Facility and BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE, its affiliates, and their respective employees, directors, officers, and agents, from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”) due to, arising from, or in connection with any third party claim, suit, judgment or proceeding (a “Claim”) alleging: (i) any breach by Exhibitor/Sponsor of this Agreement; (ii) any wrongful conduct committed by Exhibitor/Sponsor pursuant to or in performance of this Agreement; or (iii) that any Exhibitor/Sponsor content or practice violates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of a third party, are defamatory or obscene, or violate any law or other judicial or administrative regulation.
- Exhibitor/Sponsor will not enter into any settlement that adversely affects BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE’s rights or interests without the prior written consent of BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management.
- For clarity, Exhibitor/Sponsor is liable for any damage caused to Facility floors, walls, or columns, or to standard booth equipment, or to other Exhibitors’ property. Exhibitor/Sponsor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of injury, or damages to displays, equipment, and other property brought into the Facility, and shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Facility, its owners, affiliated companies, agents, servants and employees under this Section 5 of this Agreement.
Exhibitors may not sublease their space and must be exhibiting property for product or services related to the Exhibitor Name on back sign ONLY. Sublease in this use includes renting, sharing, donating, or in any way allowing another company or person to display or advertise in an Exhibitor’s space.
Only one assistant is permitted per 2m x 2m stall. Any extra assistants will only gain access through a general access ticket.
Set up and breakdown assistants may gain access but will not be allowed to stay for the event.
We will be marketing the event on social media as well as through our newsletter. If you are an exhibitor or sponsor your details will be advertised as part of our exhibitors or sponsors list. We offer FREE advertising to every person that markets through their own community and customer base. For more information contact email@example.com
BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management’s reasonable control.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you without the prior written consent of BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE show management.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of South Africa, and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of South African courts.
A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’fees and costs.
The parties further agree that, to the extent permitted by law, valid service of process in any such action or proceeding may be achieved as follows: a) delivered by hand; b) sent by fax/telecopier (with receipt confirmed), provided that a copy is mailed the same day by Registered or Certified Mail, return receipt requested; or c) when received by the addressee if sent by Express Mail, or other express delivery service.
Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing, signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement, and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to legally bind BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE in any respect whatsoever.